These are the resolutions that everyone makes, and no one keeps:
- I will eat more healthy food/cut out the junk food. (Right after the new year celebrations, and Valentine's Day, and Easter etc)
- I will exercise daily. (For one whole week that is. After which I will only become defensive of my watertight schedule)
- I will save more/spend less. (Until the next big sale, that is)
- I will spend more time on gardening/baking/writing/painting/other hobby. (There's so much prep involved that I'll wait a while...)
- I will get a better job. (I hate my job but what if I get a worse boss? I need time to think)
- I will quit drinking/smoking. (Not unless you don't wait for New Year to do it)
What I do wish is that people made resolutions more like these:
- I will do one act of kindness everyday, to make the world a better place.
- I will think of the environmental impact of my daily routine.
- I will not drink and drive. Ever.
- I will stop saying things that demean or wrongfully judge others.
- I will be considerate of others in a public place.
(Pic source: Katy Xyz)