Countdown to Two: Part 1
Countdown to Two is a four-part series, which will be posted every month until my son's second birthday in October. This first part is about what happened from birth to six months.
- That first smile (when he was over a month old) was absolutely magical. After that, I would take every opportunity to make him smile!
- The first 'outing', which was to a mall on Christmas Day.
- He used to blow bubbles and go 'brrrr' to entertain himself, which was a delight to watch!
- He would look at the ceiling fan and go to sleep!
- He would excited at the sight of an airplane in the sky.
- He loved going for walks but hated his pram at first!
- Breastfeeding issues during the first ten days were very stressful, but we persevered and everything turned out fine.
- My mom was with me in Dubai, she had to leave after ten days because of visa issues.
- It was tough to eat, take a shower or basically do anything at all!
- He didn't take naps for more than ten minutes at a time in the beginning, and even later, not more than 45 minutes.
- He was a 'snacker' so that meant I was nursing him every hour for the first six months!
- It was a huge challenge to go out because of the above reason ( I was too tired anyway!)
- We had to take a flight back home which I was nervous about, but there were no major fallouts!
- Don't expect to do too much, especially in the first three months.
- Focus on the baby and don't worry about having a clean house or warm food!
- Do go out, even if it is a ten minute walk (I later wrote this new moms guide).
- You will hate your body for quite some time after delivery, but don't let it get you down.
- There are never too many photos and videos you can take of your newborn.
- Don't buy too many newborn-sized clothes.
- Don't worry too much about the weight-height stats as long as your baby is happy.
You can sign up for my newsletter so you don't miss the next post in this series!
It would be nice if you could leave a comment there to improve my ranking!