Busy Hands: Pink Lemonade Popsicles
If popsicles are loved in your home, this recipe we tried is perfect for a hot summer's day. Pink lemonade is usually made with a syrup of raspberry and lemon, but we used strawberry instead for its milder taste. The kiwi gives these popsicles a nice tangy taste, complementing the sweetness of the pink lemonade. There's a little cooking involved, but kids can help with the rest of the steps.
Recipe for Pink Lemonade Popsicles:
Ingredients: (makes 4 popsicles)
- 1 cup strawberries
- Juice of half a lemon
- Half cup sugar
- A few Kiwi slices (optional)
1. Boil about four cups of water in a pan. Put in the strawberries cut in half, and cook on low heat for about 20 minutes, or until the strawberries have lost their colour.
3. Return the liquid to the stove, and add the sugar. Simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Allow to cool. Then, add the lemon juice and stir.
5. Transfer to popsicle molds and add a slice of kiwi in each.
6. Freeze and enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, check out my list of 20 Healthy Summer Snacks for Kids.
Busy Hands is a series about activities and craft
you can do with toddlers and young children.